Why should you keep a notebook and carry it with you?
- A notebook reminds you that you’re a writer
- Carrying a notebook teaches you to pay attention
- A notebook gives you the chance to write even if the only time you have is just a few minutes.
- Taking notes is also a creative act
- Carrying a notebook encourages you to be creative
“The constant use of the notebook keeps you working and writing and provides a mine of material to be used down the road. Keep anything pertinent to your development as a writer:character sketches, found poems, observations, all of the preliminary stuff for the first stages of the writing process. What you write down now goes toward all the writing you will ever do.” — John DuFresne