I have been blogging (almost) daily for six months now. I missed posting for 2 days – one day in March and last week. I remember that day in March when I was so exhausted from work and gave myself a day off from blogging. Last week I missed a day again, on a day when I was so busy I totally forgot about posting.
When I decided to blog daily, I had no idea if it was doable, considering that I have a day job. But six months later, here I am, still blogging daily. It was difficult at first to think of what to post, but as the days passed, daily blogging became easier and easier.
Here are some of the things I have accomplished; a few realizations made; and wonderful discoveries I have stumbled upon after blogging daily for six months:
- I am re-discovering my voice
- I found my niche…and my niche within the niche
- daily blogging has become a writing practice that helps me develop the discipline to write regularly
- it helps me develop confidence in writing and sharing my thoughts, foibles, and discoveries
- blogging daily provides me the much-needed impetus to develop my writing muscles
- it continues to inspire me to learn from other bloggers and writers
- blogging daily makes me a better writer because I no longer fear that what I will post will not make sense
A few days ago, I pondered upon the end of this one year blogging journey. Will I blog daily still? I don’t know. Writing has become a huge part of my life now, and blogging is only a part of that huge part.
For now, I choose to enjoy this challenge and look forward to the next six months.
Here’s to more blogging years for you, me, and Baroness Elizabeth!